Crosshaven AFC Constitution
1) The name of the club shall be Crosshaven AFC (herein called the club). The Club colours shall be Royal Blue/White jerseys, white shorts and royal stockings unless otherwise determined by the management committee.
2) The objective of the club shall be to provide members with means for sporting &social opportunities. The purpose of the Club is the playing and furtherance of association football. All other games and pastimes or athletic activities, whether indoor or outdoors, lawfully, permitted by the Club Executive Committee in or on the Club’s property shall be “subject to the control of the Crosshaven Association Football Club Management Committee and shall be incidental or ancillary amenities, subservient in all respects to association football and its best interests in the Club.
3) The club shall be strictly non-political and non-sectarian in character.
4) The business affairs of the club shall be managed and controlled by a management committee (herein the committee) consisting of:
a. The Officers of the Club namely the Chairman, The Honorary Secretary and the Honorary Treasurer and,
b. Up to 9 other members.
5) Each member of the committee shall hold office from the date of election to the date of the next Ordinary General Meeting of the Club, subject to the proviso that such person maybe removed from office by the committee, provided that such decision is taken by not less than two thirds of the members of the committee present & voting at a meeting at which decision is taken. At least 7 days notice in writing must be given to each member of the committee of any intention to remove a member from the committee.
6) A candidate for membership of the committee must be proposed & seconded from the body of the hall at the Ordinary General Meeting. In the event of an election for any position on the Committee the vote shall be taken by a show of hands. Should there be more than two nominees for any position the candidate with the lowest number of votes shall be eliminated, such procedure to be continued until the successful candidate received more than 50% of the votes of those members present and eligible to vote. In the event of a tie, a secret ballot shall be held.
7) The committee of the club shall meet at least once every month and five members shall form a quorum.
8) The Chair shall be taken by the Chairman or in his absence by his deputy.
9) Minutes of every meeting to be kept & signed by the Chairman at the next ordinary meeting.
10) Should a vacancy occur on the committee for any reason the remaining members of the committee shall have power to fill the vacancy by co-option.
11) The officers of the club shall form a standing committee with power to act between committee meetings should any urgent matter arise.
12) The committee shall have the power the form sub-committees. The management committee have the power to elect the Chairman of any sub-committee, define the duties of such sub-committees & retain control in all matters & activities which it considers of general importance to the welfare of the club including the disposal of such funds in the hands of such sub committees.
13) A list is to be kept of all members of the club by the Registrar and a copy to be held by the Hon Secretary.
14) The annual subscription for membership of the club shall be determined by the committee at the first meeting after the Ordinary General Meeting. The committee should offer the following types of membership, Honorary Membership, Full Adult Membership, Unemployed Adult Membership, Underage Membership (U18), Family Membership, Associate Membership & Non-Playing Associate Membership.
a) Associate and non-playing associate members shall not be entitled to vote at any meeting or to engage in the management or control of the Club.
b) Committee Members are automatically full members of the club.
c) Honorary Members maybe elected by the management committee from time to time as a reward for exceptional service to the club. Honorary Members shall have the same rights as full members shall not be obliged to pay the subscription. Honorary Members maybe elected for Life or for set a period of time as determined by the committee.
d) The committee of the club reserve the right to refuse an applicant membership.
15) The committee may at its discretion waive all or part of the fee mentioned at 14 if in the opinion of the committee the said fee would cause undue hardship.
16) The club subscription becomes due on the 1st September and a member whose subscription is two months overdue(31st October) shall cease to be a member of the club. Ladies players membership will be due 1st April and their membership will run until 31st March the following year. Any ladies player whose subscription is two months overdue (31st May) shall cease to be a member of the club.
17) A member who in the opinion of the majority of the committee acts in contravention of the club or in such a manner as to bring the club or its members into dispute shall at the discretion of the committee be liable to a period of suspension. A member so suspended shall not be eligible to any privileges of the club until the period of suspension has lapsed. All underage players who appear before the committee must be accompanied by their parents or guardian.
18) If the conduct of the member is injurious to the character, wellbeing or interests of the club the committee shall have the power to call upon said member for an explanation giving him/her an opportunity of defending himself/herself.
19) One Ordinary General meeting of the club shall be held each year in June (on a date to be determined by the committee) to transact the general business of the club. At any General Meeting voting shall be by a show of hands, unless a secret poll is demanded by the Chairman or in writing by at least two voting members. If a secret poll is demanded in the manner aforesaid the same shall be taken in such manner as the Chairman directs and the result of the secret poll shall be deemed valid for all purposes whatsoever. Where there is an equality of votes, whether on a show of hands or on a poll the Chairman of the meeting shall be entitled to a second or casting vote. Each member of the Club shall have one vote only at meetings. No objection shall be raised to the qualification of any voter except at the meeting or adjourned meeting at which the vote objected to is given or tendered and every vote not disallowed at such meeting shall be valid for all purposes. Any such objection shall be referred to the Chairman of the meeting and his decision shall be final and conclusive. Votes must be given personally and not by proxy. Only members over the age of 18 shall be allowed vote at any General meeting. Where possible the club should try and make contact with every member prior to any General Meeting.
20) A special general meeting of the club may be called by the committee.
21) Any managerial or coaching appointments made within the club shall be the subject to the approval of the committee. All managers/coaches appointed by the committee will be afforded the same privileges as a full member without being asked to pay the annual subscription as per 14.
22) Any bye-laws to be introduced to afford a better running of the club shall first be approved by the committee.
23) Any member found to be in breach of bye-laws approved under rule 22 shall render himself liable to suspension.
24) Any expenses incurred by the club shall be laid before the committee and subject to their approval shall be paid by cheque and signed by 2 of the following 3 – the Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer.
a) No events shall be run in the name of the club without prior sanction of the committee.
25) The Hon. Treasurer shall give an up to date account of the financial position of the club at each ordinary meeting.
26) The club and or the trustees being the trustees appointed by the management committee numbering 5 (4) and in whom the club property is vested are authorised & empowered to borrow from time to time such sums of money to an extent not exceeding such amount and upon such terms and conditions as may be authorised from time to time by a resolution of the management committee. The trustees are empowered to mortgage or charge all or any of the property of the club as security for such borrowings as may be authorised from time to time by the management committee. All the property of the club shall be vested in the trustees appointed by the management committee. The trustees shall hold such property at the disposal of the management committee and shall invest, sell or lease, let, licence, lend, mortgage, charge or otherwise depose of or apply the same and any income there from as the management committee may from time to time determine. Where any club property is sold the proceeds of sale can only be re-invested in Association Football which is under the rules of the Football Association of Ireland.
27) The interpretation of the constitution shall be vested in the committee who shall decide on all questions relating to the constitution. Changes to the constitution can only be made at the Ordinary General Meeting or at a Special General Meeting if called for the committee.
28) This constitution may be amended by vote of the members at the Ordinary General Meeting or by EGM called for that purpose and any amendment shall be deemed passed if approved by simple majority at such meetings. All proposed amendments to the constitution must be received by the Hon Secretary at least 7 days before the Ordinary General Meeting.